2017 was a very successful year both in the market and for Investment Mob...2018 will be even better!!! Contributing blogger Tom Muir and Investment Mob saw explosive gains thanks to his 17 Stocks for under $17 in 2017. Tom crushed it, giving out 13 of 17 winners and recording a 19% gain for the year. Tom's biggest gains came from Square (SQ) and Etsy (ETSY). Square was up over 60% while Etsy gained a whopping 83%!!!
2018 is poised to be another great year for the MOB!!! Below you will find a list of Investment Mob approved stocks for 2018!!!
1. Angio Dynamics (ANGO $17.25) The Company is a provider of innovative medical devices used in minimally invasive, image-guided procedures to treat peripheral vascular disease and local oncology therapy options for treating cancer.
2. Array Biopharma (ARRY $10.91) - Biopharmaceutical company focused on targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer.
3. Cypress Semiconductor (CY $15.24) - The Company designs, develops, manufactures and markets high-performance, mixed-signal, programmable solutions that provide customers with rapid time-to-market and system value.
4. Extreme Networks (EXTR $12.01) - A provider of network infrastructure equipment and markets its products to business, governmental, health care, service provider, and educational customers with a focus on corporate enterprises and metropolitan service.
5. Fireye (FEYE $14.50) - Cybersecurity solution for detecting, preventing, and resolving cyber-attacks.
6. Green Plains (GPRE $16.40) - A low-cost ethanol producer. Green Plains' agribusiness segment operates grain storage facilities and complementary agronomy, feed, and fuel businesses in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
7. Kratos Security and Solutions (KTOS $11.05) - An independent provider of outsourced engineering and network deployment services, security systems engineering and integration services and other technical services for the wireless
communications industry, the U.S. government, and enterprise customers.
8. La Quinta (LQ $17.99) - In the business of hotel franchising under the brand names La Quinta Inns. The company has 888 hotels with approximately 87,200 rooms under the La Quinta Inn, La Quinta Inn & Suites, and LQ Hotel brands in 48 U.S. states, as well as in Canada, Mexico, Honduras, and Colombia.
9. Mueller Water Products (MWA $12.71) - A North American manufacturer of water infrastructure and flow control products for use in water distribution networks, water and wastewater treatment facilities, gas distribution systems and fire protection piping systems.
10. Nuance Communication (NUAN $16.87) - A provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers.
11. Oclaro (OCLR $7.05) - The Company designs, manufactures and markets optical components, modules and subsystems for the telecommunications industry.
12. QuinStreet (QNST $8.65) - An online media and marketing company that provides vertically oriented customer acquisition programs for its clients. It also has its presence in the home services business-to-business and healthcare industries.
13. Radiant Logistics (RLGT $4.65) - Specializes in transporting unique or difficult shipments anytime, anywhere in the world.
14. Secoo Holdings Ltd (SECO $8.89) - The biggest premium retailer in greater China region, with its website secoo.com, its mobile app, and its international experience centers.
15. UnderArmour (UAA $15.54) - A leading innovator, marketer and distributor of branded performance athletic apparel, footwear and accessories.
16. Wendy’s (WEN $15.52) - Quick-service restaurant with 6,537 restaurants (330 company-owned & operated)
17. Wisdom Tree Financial (WETF $11.75) – Currently the industry's seventh largest ETF provider. WisdomTree is the only publicly traded asset manager exclusively focused on the ETF industry.
18. Yext (YEXT $12.30) - They put your business on the map. Yext manages your digital knowledge, and online presence in the cloud and syncs it to over 100 services with the Yext Knowledge Engine.
Disclosure: Tom currently own shares of Array Biopharma (ARRY) and Secoo Holdings (SECO) as a speculative investment in my portfolio. These stock picks are in no way, shape, or form intended to be financial advice. They are just investment ideas that encourage the reader to do further research on his or her own. Tom receives no financial compensation for this article.